On Sat, 26 Aug 2000, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 07:43:58PM +0200, Pixel wrote:
> > lilo is 200KB, grub is 266KB, not that much is it?
>
> Yes, it is much, because one of them is not needed.  There hasn't been an
> answer yet, so: Why both?  And actually what Pixel said isn't an answer
> either.  Just because both packages are quite small doesn't rectify to
> *NEED* both.  Having both just adds to the overall bloatness of the system.

GRUB isn't bug-free, so we _do_ need both.  I used to use grub and
preferred it to lilo, but since I now boot from a SCSI disk on an Adaptec
2940U controller it won't work for me.  AFAIK, lilo works on anything, so
if you wanted to just have one it would have to be lilo.

 Peter Ruskin          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Wrexham, UK          KDE - the professionals' choice