Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> Fine, but why are both packages needed by basesystem?  It would be easy to
> specify a "Provides: mbr" in both packages and then to only "Requires: mbr" in
> the basesystem SPEC file.  This way only one would be needed, and users who
> have no problems with grub could uninstall lilo, or the other way around.
> And actually even a "Requires: mbr" in basesystem would be bloat for the
> users of loadlin.  I don't see why lilo *AND* grub are REQUIRED.  Having
> one, or even none, is good enough!

Both packages are SMALL, and at install time, both lilo and grub config
files are generated, so afterwards you just have to type "lilo" if you
encounter problems with grub for example.

They are SMALL and this is safe to have both, so we don't care this loss
of diskspace!

And anyway as a poweruser, please do "rpm -e lilo --nodeps" and forget it.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/