I have used Mandrake for several years now
In spite of the frustrations and sometimes glitches,
I continue to use it.

However several other users other than myself
have noticed a trend?

Sound and video are basics expected by most "users" and
clean networking as well. Developers, Hackers, Testers etc
All have their priorities.

The Last 7.1 distribution broke everyones SB AWE series I have
been in contact with including "geek-savant-guru types"
Problems with previously standardized video and networking and confusion
with conf.modules and modules.conf was also rampart. Whether it
is Red Hats fault with RPM changes or not is beside the point.
When someone who has been using Linux since the 1.x kernels, active in
distributing Linux servers in the business world, and beta testing
on the home front starts getting discouraged because previous solid,
reliable sytems are broken by the latest "release" non-beta, one begins
to question things.
 Just yesterday a manager of a major computer chain store expressed
interest in Linux and asked for my reccomendation. They carry several of
the distributions and I urged him to configure a test machine with
compatible hardware and try L-M. I hope to hear a positive story from
him.

I am happy to see an extended beta period for 7.2. I will probably wait
until
the "boxed set" is released and attempt to clean install onto a
previously working
system. If it craps out.....even I will begin to wonder!!!!?
(and maybe dust off my old L-M 6.0) :)

Keep up the good work people and don't lose sight of reliability
in the race to incorporate the latest and greatest :)

William Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak.