David Dennis a écrit :

> I dont have notes with me now, but I have a Bttv 8448 card and support for
> it has been never able by me to be compiled in correctly or module loaded
> correctly under Mdk or any linux.  Also have looked for the howtos or the
> kwintv site or the hauppage site, you can wander around and find out you
> are missing some Qt lib dependency, or a C++ lib, or some other graphics
> lib nobody else uses, and there are no rpm that work or I was able to
> find.  This is sketchy and whiny but I can get the card to work under
> windows, and it sucked to give that up when I replaced windows with Mdk .
> AFAIK no site or referral exists that spells out in simple steps assuming
> no prior development libs and cooker dependencies how to just get support
> for this.  And yet so many of the happy geeks frolick the net saying it's
> easy.  Show me, I've tried and given it hours, it is definitely not just a
> 'visit site/rpm install/conf file or command line follow the doc/enjoy' .

With LM 7.1 and kwintv, TV worked great for me.

First insert modules with

/sbin/modprobe -k msp3400; modprobe -k tuner
/sbin/modprobe bttv

And launch kwintv. That's all. (I have a PC TV Rave from pinnacle
system).

But if you use cooker, I agree that it can't be used, although modules
are loaded without problem. Here is the proof :

Module                  Size  Used by
bttv                   37600   0  (unused)
videodev                2848   2  [bttv]
tuner                   2248   1  (autoclean)
msp3400                11912   0  (autoclean) (unused)
i2c-old                 4416   3  (autoclean) [bttv tuner msp3400]
ne2k-pci                4492   2  (autoclean)
8390                    6204   0  (autoclean) [ne2k-pci]
es1371                 27752   0
soundcore               3780   5  [msp3400 es1371]
nls_cp437               3944   2  (autoclean)
vfat                   11164   1  (autoclean)
fat                    32864   1  (autoclean) [vfat]

I also tried to pass parameters like "modprobe bttv vidmem=0xe80" (which
seems deprecated), but no luck.