Tim McKenzie wrote:
> Guillaume,
>     If Red Hat can set up NVidia cards as new as the GeForce2, what would be
> the problem with Mandrake doing the same? Is there a difference in policy
> between the two companies that I am not aware of? I know the RH beta 6.9.5
> sets up NVidia cards... If there is some sort of difference in oppinion
> between the companies, I guess there's not much anyone can do without
> changing policies. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Mandake sets up lots of nVidia cards just fine, but only with 2D. If you
want 3D then you have to go get the binary-only driver yourself. I
_highly_ doubt it if Redhat includes this driver. If so, I would loose
even more respect for them. As far as I am concerned I am done buying
anything from nVidia. I bought a TNT2 because they told us all there
would be open source drivers (including 3D). They lied and as a result
setting up 3D with their cards is going to tick off a lot of people.
Hopefully enough people will complain to them that they will see the
error in their ways.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.com