"Bovy, Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> 1)
> My home machine has a cd-rw a dvd and a zip drive.  You detected and
> configured the cd-rw,
> but pointed it at the wrong "device" , instead of pointing it to "scd1" it
> should have been pointing to
> "scd0",  I had to change this "manually" to correct the problem.

fixed

[...]

> THIS IS AN OLD BUG WHICH HAS NOT BEEN FIXED YET, THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME
> I HAVE COMPLAINED
> ABOUT THIS PROBLEM !!!!!

could you stop yelling? (and at least warp the text correctly!)

[...]

> 4)
> When creating a new partition, the partition MUST BE SET BOOTABLE.    If
> you do not do this , system commander
> will not see the new partition and add it to his boot menu, and the
> partition will not be bootable from system commander.

hum, could you tell exactly in which case this is needed?

- if i create an extended, not needed i hope?
- if i create another primary, which one should be active?

> This is an OLD BUG, WHICH HAS NOT BEEN FIXED YET !!! THIS IS NOT THE FIRST

the bug is of course system commander's by the way.

[...]

> Networking:  I have a 3com network card, it was not detected and configured
> correctly during the install, I had to configure it
> manually Post-install.

Please give the output of lspcidrake (or /proc/bus/pci/devices)

> 8) Framebuffer was/is incompatible with high color depth resolution of
> nvidia 128 graphics card.   Framebuffer kernel should

Please give the output of lspcidrake (or /proc/bus/pci/devices) so that we can
reproduce/understand/fix.

[...]

> 9) The microsoft intelimouse driver does not work.  I have a ps2 micron
> machine.  and no middle button support because of this.
> how do I get the middle button to work ????

try the new cooker (or the upcoming beta3), you'll see.

[...]

> 16) Security ??????  How do I as a normal non-root user get access to the
> hardware.   The cd drives zip drives, sound system
> and modem should be available at all times to all users of the system.  This
> is again very frustrating.   Why is it impossible to have
> a secure unix system , without losing the normal usablility any normal user
> would expect.  Untill you fix this problem you will never
> never be able to sell linux as a windows desktop replacement !!!!  PEASE
> TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS !!!

choose security level "low" and you'll have it. Access to sound device is a
potential DOS (Denial Of Service) :-(