Hello Sergio,

SPK> On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, you wrote:
>> Beta number 3 !
>> (http://forum.mandrakesoft.com/article.php3?sid=20000922023725)
>>
>> The third beta of Linux-Mandrake 7.2 is now available. Check at
>http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/72betaftp.php3 to find
>> the nearest mirror.
>>
>> This third beta beta corrects most of the important bugs of the previous betas (it
>should, at least), and as deadline
>> is close, the faster you test it the higher the bugs you
>> find are likely to be corrected for the final. Improvments have been made on
>menudrake, 3D configurations, graphical boot...

SPK> Well.... definetly I give up...!!!!

SPK> After several atempts to stay up to date with the latest beta,
SPK> always get new packages when I think am done downloading.

SPK> I do not have a fast connection to the net, I depend on a 56kbps modem...
SPK> so I most definetly HAVE to wait untill it 'trully'  freezes 'completely'
SPK> to be able to cach up with the beta release.

SPK> If at lest it would stop for a few hours the constant upgrading of packages...
SPK> I would be able to finish downloading.  (I am talking about 7.2 beta)  ;-)
SPK> not cooker.... (cooker I know and I understand is constantly changing) but
SPK> 7.2 is supposed to be frozen (?) untill a new beta is release... am I wrong?

SPK> Sergio Korlowsky

I'm in the same situation :((((
I don't know why a BETA is always changing like cooker!!!
For 2 days I have downloaded the same files for get 1 mirror to work
for CD burning... after that I have simply copied files from 7.2beta
to Cooker...
Yesterday I have downloaded other 120Mb, this morning the update is unchanged
and I have burned 2 NON WORKING CDs... this afternoon, surprise!!! : new cups,
new Xfree, new gnome.... :-(((
Who can test this???? I does not have the time for a complete download
that other 200 new Mb are on line!

Because of this I have reformatted the 2 CD-RW and removed beta7.2
from my HDs.

Surprise!
7.2 Beta3 is on line... where? On french mirror... that not allow
recurse with fmirror but is very fast for me.

Surprise!
The file names on french mirror (proxad.net) are the same but not all
their sizes!!! The mirroring software have removed 90 Mb from my hd...
Now I have to download 180 Mb!

To MANDRAKE team:
Please, check this, check mirrors, check script for making ISO images,
and check that 7.2beta files remain unchanged before 7.2beta4 is
relased ON ALL MIRRORS!

I'm going crazy!

--
Best regards,
 allx                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]