JP Sartre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> Ok, I appreciate the need to fix bugs. How about doing daily freezes? At
> least this way I know I am installing a complete build, and can then
> update the new files manually. As it stands, everytime I want to do a
> clean install, there are new files to download. Wouldn't be a problem if I
> wasn't worried that something is being uploaded as we speak needed by some
> of these files I'm getting now which I may miss if I don't run rsync
> again.

AFAIK the rsync stuff explained by Ron Stodden should allow painless
"stay-in-sync" with packages..

It's the most we can do for you, we *need* to constantly correct our bugs,
for example to allow beta-testers [e.g. you on Cooker + the others, in
Mandrake for example] to verify if our fixes, really fix the bugs they
find.

> Having betas and cooker going on at the same time seems silly to
> me. Frozen betas and an ongoing cooker seem to make the most sense to
> me. Then again, I'm no expert.

It is the case.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/