Eugenio Diaz wrote:

> I wish we dedicated this list (cooker) for the development version of
> Mandrake Linux, namely cooker!
>
> Every, three or four months we have this thing called "Beta Release",
> and good God does cooker and cooker development die ... we get like
> 10000dB noise to signal on cooker issues!
>
> All kinds of people (mostly beta installers with limited knowledge) join
> in and pollute the troubleshooting of real deep problems with install
> reports and silly questions. I am not saying that this should not occur;
> I am just saying that it should occur on another separate list. I do a
> lot of trouble shooting of real architectural problems on the distro,
> and I like doing that because I like living on the edge; but every time
> we get into the beta cycles I just get tired of reading 200+ messages
> (90% unimportant) trying to look for the ones from cooker "regulars". I
> delete anything that has "install" or "beta" in the subject.
>
> Another thing I would like to see from Mandrake is a "**real** database
> driven web-based public bugtraking system" like bugzilla or Double
> Chocolate. Actually this was my first suggestion when I joined the list
> a year ago. I used to be a rawhide nut; they use bugzilla, and that
> provided a very efficient way to see exactly what has been happening
> with a bug, from its report to its resolution/closure. It provided a
> real way for contributors to contribute resolutions without duplicating
> efforts; but more (actually much much much more) important, it kept a
> record of problem-solution. Very often I have seen that we spend a lot
> of time identifing/troubleshooting/solving a problem with some package,
> and after it is solved it happens again, sometimes in the same package a
> couple of releases later.
>
> If Mandrake does not have anybody to install a bugzilla box I volunteer
> to do it.
>
> And please don't tell me you already have a bugtracking system, since
> that Debian email based system just does not compare to Bugzilla, plus
> it does not have a web interface.
>
> I think that bouncing back and forth a problem through email is just an
> inefficient way of defining/documenting/solving it; much less build a
> knowledge base. Which brings me to the other advantage of such a system,
> a "Knowledge Base". A FAQ or a mail archive are NOT reasonable a
> knowledge base of a modern vendor.
>
> Pardon my criticism, but I think that if we got a little more organized
> we could do so much more.
>
> --
> Eugenio Diaz, BSEE/BSCE
> Linux Engineer
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

a discution forum for every buddy ( just like the last message I sent )
... and SO WHAT!!! ???
Regarding your opinion I am a parasite! houahahaha!

But if this mailing list is the only mean for beta testing for Mandrake
for now,
I think they DO KNOW when they will need a separete bug tracking system
for beta testing and/or newbies!!! And yes, I am not an expert and I
really like Mandrake
and their confident on us - hi-end users who whish to learn Linux and
reports
some issues in our own knowledge. This make the experience for both them
an us
really rich in term of public relations and "hi-end" situations.

I know %80 of my requests are ignored. This means that I must waste
space and bandwidth
on this list. If I really disturb them ( at Mandrake) I think they will
remove me from their
mailing list with a polite and true message describing the ( or my )
incompatible situation.

Instead I think they need us , our opinion, and are willing to help us
when they
feel like or when they can.
because they are COOL! .

This cooker list is the way for now. DOT .

Serge Lussier