Millions of electrons died to bring me this message.  Was it worth it,
 William H Bouterse?
> I realize this is what we are supposed to be doing!
> However many "average" (whatever that may mean) users,
> do not have the time,inclination, or intestinal fortitude,
> to whip themselves into long-night bleary eyed sessions,
> trying to stay up with the latest cutting edge.

Everything works out of the box here.  Some hardware just isn't nice.

> I have been trying to spread the word about
> Linux and Linux-Mandrake in paticular for years but have found,
> unfortuantely fairly often, even highly intelligent people,
> some with advanced education levels and professionals in the use
> of technology , CANNOT GET AN INSTALL OF LINUX UP
> AND RUNNING AND THEN USE IT .

Then either they were trying to install it on a non-i586 machine or they
aren't actually intelligent || professional.

> I am okay with that but others,even as they may desire to get away from
> M$,
> have a very hard time of it.

If somebody really wants to get away from MS, it's possible.  They might have
to spend a week learning that you only need to single-click in KDE instead of
double-click, but anybody who seriously tries can do it.

> Seems that about this time of development,
> the "Flames" start getting a little "Hotter" :)

This is the thing that really bugs me.  Comments about ease-of-installation
(and they should be *specific* comments, not "it's too hard for my four-year
old child to install") should have come two months ago.  This is *far* too
late to change anything major for 7.2.  And comments for 8.0 should wait a few
weeks so that the Mandrake team can calm down after the release.

--
Graham Percival