William H Bouterse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Is there any thought to having ONLY
> first-time users attempt to install and use basic
> L-M setup? Maybe the kiosks of Paris?

sorry?

[...]

> I have been trying to spread the word about
> Linux and Linux-Mandrake in paticular for years but have found,
> unfortuantely fairly often, even highly intelligent people,
> some with advanced education levels and professionals in the use
> of technology , CANNOT GET AN INSTALL OF LINUX UP
> AND RUNNING AND THEN USE IT .

Basically, that's false. Installation of Linux-Mandrake is now as simple
as installation of Ms Windows.

Maybe what is still lacking is spreaded pre-installed computers in shops.

> Even after several years of Linux use I still frequently find
> myself "lost in limbo". Maybe too much Jimi Hendrix and
> Janis Joplin music in the 70s :)

It is moving fast. Cooker is sometimes not real simple to install, that's
true.

We can't do non-regression in that world.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/