Oh - is a beta considered released?

Yeah, by default it looks like windows I guess, but if you look at my
windowmaker desktop you wouldn't call it windows looking. Mandrake gives
windows look and feel to people who need it to make use of linux, but
linux (and a lot of it) is still there for those who know what they want
and how to get it.

I hear people complain all the time about bloat in Mandrake that it's
becoming windows - what a load of crap. It all comes down to the same as
any other distro - it's all in how you choose to install it. I can have
nearly the same system with Mandrake as any slackware or debian, or
redhat, or turbolinux etc... It's in how I set it up.

Powerusers normally don't stick with default configuration no matter what
distro they use, we end up reconfiguring everything the way we want it in
the end.

People looking for ease of use will appreciate what Mandrakes done with
install and KDE2, while people looking for old fashion linux power know
how to get it out of Mandrake anyway.

--
The road to Microsoft is paved with [others] good intentions.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ 1796276