On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Mattias Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> [...]
>
> > > It mean we going to take a highly patched/fixed/modified version of
> > > gcc2.96 if gcc3.0 is not ready, we going to usethe save version that
> > > the leader has, period.
> >
> > OK, so what you are saying is that by introducing gcc-2.96 you are
> > prepaired to do the same thing as RedHat and release a gcc snapshot as
> > the stable compiler in a Mandrake release against the recomendations from
> > the gcc developers.
>
> No, what he says is that the best way to prepare to next gcc stable is to
> start working with devel version right now. Do you think that between
> kernel 2.2.17 and 2.2.18 he does nothing on the kernel?
>
> Core components of the distrib have to be used in devel version, in the
> devel distrib.
>
> What he says is that if unfortunately gcc3 will not be out for our next
> release we will have to find a solution, and it will not be to revert to
> 2.95 for sure.
I think your R8  .
debug new version to corect bugs and then got news
fonctionnality&optimisation without bugs is primordial for advancing.

We couldn't get a devel vers and be so retissant to devel vers;-)

I think mandrake as redhat ges in the good direction .
help devloper to find bugs is a big priority !!!

;-)Meir Faraj(-;