On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Mattias Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I cant see what cooker and in the long run Mandrake would gain from this.
> > What I can see is that alot of people that is just running some packages
> > from cooker, while still prefering to use stable core libs cant continue
> > to use any cooker software. This probably means a lot less testing and in
> > the worst case bad stable releases.
>
> sorry cooker is not a pickup shop for packages, like we constantly
> trying to said cooker is a development distribution it's a mixes of
> components we cook together.

*nod*, I'd just like to point out that my first post regarding this issue I
didn't see that it was [CHRPM] and not [FROZEN-CHRPM].

Cooker _is_ development. I don't see any problem with throwing the cvs
snapshot of gcc into the bundle is.

But upon reading all the posts moving gcc to the gcc snap shot in cooker
makes perfect sense.

Me, personally. I can't afford to stay with cooker through this period, and
yes it's because of gcc.  simply don't know all the pros and cons behind this
cvs snapshot and  can't afford for it to break the testing I do on other
software(kernels, nautilus, evolution, etc.....)

Though I will return to cooker upon next beta release(on a new version) or if
gcc 3.0 becomes stable before that time frame(or someone buys me a box to
play with : p).

But a note to everyone who is simply bitching....
And ya know who you are, the bleeding edgers that simply want to be on the
bleeding edge, but don't care too much about developing/testing(e.g.: you run
Y development software and it breaks X software and you throw a fit).
Back off : )

Have fun
Now I'll just sit back and watch you all play : )

--
Bryan Paxton
Public key can be found at http://speedbros.org/bryan.paxton.asc