On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> Yo,
>
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:21:27AM +0200, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:
> > Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > We use it for cooker not for frozen, 7.2 will keep gcc2.95 stable
> > > version with cvs updates.
> >
> > Read what people on cooker said... They do not want it.
> > By doing such thing, you ensure that C++ coder using cooker
> > will stop using it...
> >
> > Don't make the same mistake redhat did.
> >

> Rather, I worry that you will lose a lot of users if you use gcc 2.96 for cooker.

I can't believe Chamouel basically says "Follow the leader." If Mandrake
followed everything RedHat did as it did in the early releases, it would
have nothing to offer over RedHat. Thankfully, this is not the
case. However, now he says "RedHat did it so we must do it too." This is
ironic because it is yet another way for Mandrake to stand out from RedHat
and show their support for the GCC team and "stable" releases. Even I
criticize Mandrake for their lack of stability. This certainly will not
help. Please think of valid reasons instead of simply saying "Well RedHat
is doing it so we have to do it too."

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck