From: "Zeljko Vukman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2000 5:46 AM
Subject: Sv: [Cooker] KDE 2 with 7.0 and 7.1

: H Chris,
:
: I do not know why people complain about too many dependencies when they
: install KDE2 on Mandrake 7.1. It is not too bad.
: I do like this:
: From konsole or from Gnome (terminal) I do "urpme qt" (for KDE 1.1.2)
or/and urpme qt2
: if there was a previous KDE2beta install, to remove all packages that
depends on qt. Then I delete all .kde folders & files, (in home & /etc/skel
directories) as well as /usr/share/apps, /usr/share/applink
: & /usr/share/config folders.
: Then I install (& upgrade) bzip, openssl, alsalib, rpm, htdig, lesstif,
xinitrc, menu, menudrake &
: mandrake_desk packages (10 small packages -that's it).
: Next is qt2.
: After that, I have experienced that is extremelly important to install:
: 1.kdesupport
: 2.kdelibs & kdelibs-sound
: 3.kdebase
: and so on.
: People who do not want to upgrade to XFREE86-4.0.1 should force on
: libXaw.so when they install kdemultimedia package.
:
: The only problem I encountered (which I've allready posted to cooker) is
that
: you must add text files to /etc/X11/wmsession.d for each windows manager
: beside KDE2, because after install of KDE2 there is only file 01KDE in
: wmsession.d . For example, file which you have to name 02Gnome with
: this in it:
: NAME=Gnome
: ICON=gnome.xpm
: DESC=Gnome desktop
: EXEC=/usr/bin/gnome-session
: SCRIPT:
: exec /usr/bin/gnome-session
:
: which, of course, was a part of the old windowsmanagers file.
:
: I people do like this, they will not have any problem running KDE2 on
Mandrake 7.1 .
:
: P.S. I am really sorry, that Pixie was removed from KDE2.
:
: Regards,
:
: Zeljko Vukman