I am running 7.2rc and found it great. However there is one point that
gives
a sort of headache: sound.  The sound card is a Creative 64 with a
problem: It is
the second isa PNP card on the motherboard.  The frist card is the modem
which
was recognized without a problem.  If I try to sndconfig, linux
configures the
modem as
sound card!!!!!.   How can I avoid that? Once I run sndconfig, internet
connection
no more: modem is busy.  How can I wipe out all sndconfig's changes from
the
linux box?

What you may need to do is
1 yank your modem and get your sound card working then reinstall the
modem
2 install a copy of the kernel.org 2.4.0test* and see if the PNP enabled
serial code will init the modem and prevent
it from being confused with a sound card (i have two CL modems and a CL
SB16 in my box)

Robert L Martin
for some reason the hackkernels don't have the serial code PNP enabled
(maybe because PNp is module??)