Randy Welch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> Sorry I just have to ask this question...
>
> Is WalMart *that big *of a distribution channel for Linux based
> software?  And if so is it worth putting Mandrakes and Linux's
> reputation on the line?

I don't understand what you ask.

We like to put mdk packages in WalMart because it's a big retail channel.

[...]

> So I guess *all* boxed sets are pre final 7.2 then? I had thought about
> buying a 7.2 deluxe set, but if it's based on the one of the release
> candidates I might just wait till 7.3 or 8.0.

No it's not pre-final 7.2, it's final 7.2.

The one for download contains some UPDATES, for example kde-2.0. Please
consider that there is only few differences between kde-1.99 and kde-2.0.

Also, please consider that "Release Candidate" means that the version is a
candidate for official release if it's good enough. It was the case for it
went out. There was bugs, yes (there is always bugs anyway) but no
important enough bugs, considering the tight time schedule and the overall
quality of the product.

I run the Release Candidate 1 on my production machine, together with many
other mdk employees, and it runs flawlessly. It's a good distro.

> I am really pleased with the 7.2 final.  Ran it all weekend on my laptop
> with no hangs in KDE whatsoever.

Nice! :-)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/