On Tuesday 31 October 2000 06:03, Franck Martin wrote:
|  I bet this year Mandrake won't win any awards due to their poor timing
|  release in the US. When you know that the American press is the one
| deciding on hot products, I think RedHat will send some flowers to
| Mandrake.

My opinion:
While getting award is important process, and should be going always, it's
wrong to put it on top priority.

If people judge only by awards, Windows 2000 will be _the only_ choice.

Linux still distributed by the word, between people talking to each other.
Any kind of award is important, but other people's opinion is much more
important here.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)