"Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> Anyway, we should remember who these folks are so that when the tide
> turns and Linux dominates the world, we (the Linux community) provide no
> help or support at all, in getting Linux running on or with their

May I add that we should do the same for Creative Labs and their
sound/video cards.

At the time when the sound support in the kernel was integrated, they
basically told "f$ck off" to the developpers. The guys from Advanced
Gravis, (apart from being a top support/sponsor for the `demo' scene)
kindly sent some hardware and tech info to develop drivers.

And today I bet that the essential part of guys on this ML have some
Creative Labs (those who own a desktop computer, not a laptop) soundcards.

May I add that my good ol' Gravis Ultrasound is here and rocking my Nada
Surf album at present time.

gus                    48044   1
ad1848                 16848   1 [gus]
sound                  58360   0 [gus ad1848]
soundlow                 424   0 [sound]
soundcore               2788   6 [sound]

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/