Submitted 09-Nov-00 by Vadim Plessky:

> What models you have?

Creative CDRW-4224

> Any problems/glitches?

If the device gets hot, it starts generating read errors (won't read any
media at that point).  This can be avoided by placing it in a bay with no
device in the bay directly beneath it.  I've also had some difficluty
reading discs (primarily RW's) written with it on other machines.

This is not a Linux specific problem, I had the same issues with discs
written using the Windows software that was bundled with it.  Also, it will
not boot from an RW (I forget the exact error message it gives, but it's
something about bad floppy seek).

> Are CD-RW disks/drives fully supported?

It depends on what you mean.  There are apparently some projects out there
to bring packet writing to Linux, but I haven't tried them.  I essentially
use RW's as eraseable CD-R's

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes.  I get stranger things than you free
with my breakfast cereal."
  -- Zaphod Beeblebrox [Douglas Adams, "Hithiker's Guide to the Galaxy"]