Guillaume Rousse wrote:

I don't think this is for real. Everybody on this list seems to have
signed a document stating that it is not allowed to post anything that
is not bowing to your God Linux.

I have been using Linux since 1997 and I don't have any and don't like
MS products. The reason I changed is that I had bought a win95 in jan 96
and later that year I was about to upgrade some form of 'package' via
modem. Some of my programs were pirate copies like word6. I was confused
when MS send me a message on my CRT that they had found word6 on my
computer and asked me if I wanted to register it. They had scanned my
entire hard drive. As a thief I didn't like that.

I know a little of Linux documentation as I have used it. I was
referring to how a person, who had never used Linux, looked at in this
case the documentation. When I introduced her to man I did it from a
console mode under mc. Within mc I showed her how to find /usr/share/doc
and opened a file or two.

I think that her point was directly at the bulls eye, a newcomer to
Linux will try to find all form of relevant documentation under the icon
docu. If others do the same then it ought to be a good point to have all
documentation easily reached through that icon.

If you don't think so, why not say that.

Personally I don't give a damned about, in what form the documentation
is constructed, I am only interested in the information. If Mandrake is
about 'axes made of stone' because that is what Linus used when he
started Linux, then I think you are an amish society.

For heavens sake, come on, this is most probably about evolution.

regards
guran