I upgraded to 2.4 kernel under mandrake 7.2. I'm not using devfs (or I
don't think I am at least).  Anyway, I modprobe ide-scsi, cdrecord works
fine to it.  But I can't access it through /dev/scd0 anymore.

cat /dev/scd0
cat: /dev/scd0: Device not configured

I assume that this is due to major numbers being changed (bleah, they
changed the joystick major numbers too. (and moved it to /dev/input/js0
too).

Here is my current configuration for this device:
brw-rw----    1 root     cdwriter  11,   0 Sep 27 05:31 /dev/scd0

If someone could give me the correct major number (or lead me in the
correct direction to fix this problem), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
--
Brian Hayward

Encrypted with ROT-26 - all attempts to decrypt are illegal under the DMCA!