On Tuesday 06 February 2001 22:13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I upgraded to 2.4 kernel under mandrake 7.2. I'm not using devfs (or I
> don't think I am at least).  Anyway, I modprobe ide-scsi, cdrecord works
> fine to it.  But I can't access it through /dev/scd0 anymore.
>
> cat /dev/scd0
> cat: /dev/scd0: Device not configured

This is what I've got in /etc/modules.conf and it works fine for me:

options ide-cd ignore=hdb
alias scd0 sr_mod
pre-install sg          modprobe ide-scsi
pre-install sr_mod      modprobe ide-scsi

Don't forget to add the kernel parameter in grub (or lilo).  This is my entry
in /boot/grub/menu.lst:

title linux
kernel (hd0,4)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda5  hdd=ide-scsi

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]