On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 12:04:00PM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Sunday 18 February 2001 11:46, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>
> I've run into a case (twice, damn it!) where I upgraded glibc from a ssh
> session.

~giggles at the thought of what's coming~

> The post-install restarts *ALL* services,

Yup.  More evilness.

> and my session dropped
> when sshd gets killed,

Actually it shouldn't.  You can kill off the "master" sshd process
(the one listening for connects and forking off a child for them) and
it will not terminate it's children.  I have done this many times.

> leaving my system basically dead until I could
> physically get to the system and manually restart the sshd service.

Why did the sshd service not restart with all the rest of them?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell