On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 10:44:30AM -0800, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 12:04:00PM -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:
> [..]
> > leaving my system basically dead until I could
> > physically get to the system and manually restart the sshd service.
>
> Why did the sshd service not restart with all the rest of them?

I ran into this a few times, too. I think it's "msec" security==server
setting. In this mode you have to enable all services in chkconfig by
yourself...
This means, when you do an upgrade of sshd the RPM will reset the
setting in chkconfig, and you'll have to re-enable it.

IMHO this behaviour of msec-settings within RPMS should be fixed.

Christian

--
Things that make you go "Hmmm":
  "If a train station is where the train stops, what is a workstation?"