See, even Pete installs Zope, nfs, heartbeat :-) And Pete doesn't want
to run it. Maybe he just wants to test it? So how come developer's
conclusion is: "If I want to install this RPM package, it means I want
to install it?" :-) And how can I remember 2200 RPM packages? :-)

crond + anacron + xfs are definitely useful tools, but regular desktop
users don't need "cfengine", "heartbeat", "xinetd", "bind", "nfsclient".

However what if we come up to a solution to add one more check box in
the like:

 Installation option:
 [ ] Recommended
 [o] Customized
 [ ] Expert

Option:
 [x] Turns off network servers (daemon) by default to make Linux
Mandrake secure and more responsive because I only want to run this
computer as a desktop for either workstation or development machine.

What do you think??

Prana

--
Prana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>