> For the moment X11 forwarding through ssh doesn't work on the Mandrake
> distro. I was trying to get this working on my boxen when I noticed the
> following on http://www.openssh.com/faq.html#2.6 :
>

> ====
> NOTE: For users of Linux Mandrake 7.2, Mandrake modifies the XAUTHORITY
> environment variable in /etc/skel/.bashrc, and thus any bash user's home
> directory. This
> variable is set by OpenSSH and for either of the above options to work,
> you need to comment out the line:
>
>      # export XAUTHORITY=$HOME/.Xauthority
> ====
>
> It all boils down to /etc/profile.d/xhost.sh and xhost.csh. Is this
> XAUTHORITY environment setting really needed here, since it will
> overrule the XAUTHORITY environment setting made by ssh --> screws the
> X11 forwarding over ssh...
>
> Stefan

I think this is the right way. Although it's maybe not what's expected. SSH is used
more and more. Not only just as a fancy telnet but also for things like CVS access. In
that case you don't need X forwarding and it would just open a security hole. But i
understand why one wants to have X forwarding with ssh because it is just handy. So i
suggest to have sshx what is the ssh with X forwarding enabled.