During the bombing raid on Thu, 15 Mar 2001 13:49:46 +0000, Vadim Plessky was
heard mumbling in fear::

>  //  as Enligthenment (0.17) is now also becoming Desktop Environment, we will
>  have much more choice in nearest future.

        Errrr.....no, not a Desktop Enviroment....a Desktop Shell...and yes,
there's a difference :)  A D.Enviroment has a bunch of apps that "work with it"
and are integrated to it in one way or another (from just using the toolkit to
just not running if not in the appropiate DE). A D.Shell, on the other hand, is
just a windowmanager with added functionality, like the file manager (pretty
much what EFM was, is getting integrated into E) and the hability to type shell
commands directly on the desktop/currently focused window...but it has no real
toolkit like GTK+ or QT and Raster has said that integrating apps into E would
be a waste of time and resources, since there's already at least 2 other
projects (one for kde and one for gnome) doing the same thing already.

        Vox

--
Pain is the gift of the gods, and I'm the one they chose as their messenger....
For info on safety in the BDSM lifestyle http://www.the-vox.com

Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_
technology than everyone else.       -- Donald B. Marti Jr.

Vox populi, vox deii....