Hi

Just thought I'd post up a few of my latest experiences with cooker beta
2. If anyone could either confirm these as bugs or 'features' and let me
know of any work arounds I'd be very grateful.

RPMDrake 1.3-21mdk

I deleted all sources except for cdrom1 and cdrom2 and then added a
security updates mirror, choosing a server from the list. After this I
added a cooker mirror, but the program bombed out after I had chosen to
add it. On attempts to restart, I get the message 'Segmentation fault
(core dumped)'

- can anyone tell me where the configuration file for RPMDrake is so
that I can delete it and get RPMDrake up and running again?

Evolution

When attempting to compose a new email I get a "unable to open composer
window" dialog, after viewing the Mailing list archives at Ximian.com,
by the looks of it, this is a quite a common problem  to users, but the
suggested killev and then oaf-slay before running Evolution fix didn't
work for me. Is there something missing from the mandrake package perhaps?

Mozilla + Nautilus

Since installing the Mozilla in Nautilus RPM, I cannot get Mozilla to
open on it's own in a Gnome session, other than from within a Nautilus
window. Is this the way it's supposed to work? Typing Mozilla at a
console returns no error message, just a prompt but nothing at all
happens. Mozilla works fine with KDE.

If anyone can get back to me on those, it would be much appreciated <g>
Also - whileI'm writing this, can anyone on the list suggest a nice GUI
based backup utility that I could use to make entire backups of my Linux
and /mnt/windows partitions to CD-ROM and produce incremental updates
afterwards? Something like an open source BRU?

Thanks!

Giles

--
Get $$$ just for being online