Jürgen Zimmermann wrote:

> > 5)  INITIAL BOOT:  NVidia driver .9-7 fails to build from Source RPMS
> > (rpm -bb --clean NVIDI*spec*)...weird...unressolved symbols when trying
> > to insmod the nvidia.o driver which resulted in me trying to rebuild the
> > source rpms.
>
> Confimed here. With SMP kernel.
>
> Wouldn't it be nice, if Mandrake turns "module versions" off for their
> kernel
> builds? I know that VMware also has problems with their self compiled
> kernel
> module.
>
> So long,
>   Jürgen

ok...thanx for the confirmation. i was starting to feel like an idiot
after somebody pointed me to rpm's..<no offense...but i did say i tried
rebuilt the rpms..etc, we probabely also have different versions of the
cooker kernel also>

Although i have yet to really go thru everything thoroughly, this is
unusual bug activity which all points back to the kernel.  could be that
i downloaded at a bad time.  happens sometimes.

--
-----
http://www.alltel.net/~rogerx/

(Reply only in ascii/text format.  Remove "-nospam" in email address to
reply)