Trying to install via NFS and it just won't do it.  IBM Aptiva C30 (if
that means anything to anyone - a friend gave it to me for free because
he got a job in the Caribbean and couldn't take it with him - I cried
for him, really, but I promised to give the system a good home).
Pentium 233, 3c509 ISA NIC, 48 MB RAM (so I have to use NFS, since FTP
and HTTP require 52 MB - who picked that number??  ;-)  ), and a first
generation DVD drive that steadfastly refuses to read burned CDs,
leaving NFS as the only way to get the code in there.

When I supply the IP (all IPs are static) and path to where the files
are located, then hit enter, I can see on the hub that the lights for
the client and server machines are blinking together (and that's the
only network traffic there is), so there is some form of communication,
but they blink about 5 or 6 times then it tells me it couldn't mount the
directory.  There is no error on the logs console on the client (no "RPC
Timeout" or anything, just the "preparing nfsmount" line, that's the
last thing).  I pretty sure that the hardware is good - the system had
Win95 on it when I got it (like I said, I told him I'd treat it well, so
to keep that promise, Win95 had to go) and I was able to browse the net,
and in a fit of frustration when Mandrake wouldn't work I installed
OpenBSD via FTP (they don't have a 52 meg limit  ;-)  ), connecting to
the same server machine as I tried for NFS, and that all worked.  From
the server side, I was able to mount the cooker location from a third
machine via NFS, so I am pretty sure that is working too.  The server is
LM7.2.  The "third location" machine is another cooker install.

Oh, ya, and I tried all three network boot disks (the main network.img
and the two "alternatives"), and it didn't help any.

Ideas?

Eaon