Eaon wrote:

> > Could be a server problem...  On the server, what do you get from:
> >
> >    netstat -l | grep 2049
> >
> > If you see someting like this:
> >
> >    udp    16992      0 *:2049                  *:*
> >           ^^^^^  (anything but zero)
> > retry the command; if still the same, get the nfsd crash data from
> > /var/log/kernel/warnings and send it in.
> >
> > I've already reported that NFS sometimes crashes and only
> > solution I can find
> > requires server reboot.  I still have LM6.1 and LM7.2 machines in
> > that state if
> > Mandrake want to get more info (what logrotate hasn't removed).
> >
> > Pierre
> >

> Pierre,
>
> I tried this last night (after the Oilers/Stars game, of course), and wasn't
> able to get the 7.2 NFS server to crash again (why is it they never crash
> when you want them to?), but still wasn't able to connect from the network
> install disk from cooker.
>
> Eaon

Dunno.  I'm too busy to really dig into the sources for various problems I've
analyzed and reported; probably by the time 8.1 comes out, I'll be able to spend
more time with the sources.  So much for retirement... :^)

Anyway, did you have a look at the /var/log/kernel/warnings[*gz] files to see if
you had any nfsd crashes?  If you did, send me the crash data therein and I'll
keep them for analysis as more a reported...

To figure out why the connections fail, I find ethereal to be a great asset...
If you get a trace and don't understand it, feel free to save the data and send
it to me.

Pierre

--
Support Linux development:  http://www.linux-mandrake.com/donations/
Last reboot reason:  01/03/27: winter storm 6hr power outage