On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 21:41:22 -0400
Pierre Fortin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Re: [Cooker] NFS install troubles]
wrote :

> Eaon wrote:
> >
> >                                            What a lazy bum I can be on
> > weekends.  But something else jumped out at me this weekend.  I was
> reading
> > the latest ReiserFS sucks/rocks flame war on linuxtoday.com and one
> person
> > mentioned that there were problems with NFS working with Reiser.
> Could that
> > have something to do with it?  The partition on the NFS server
> (Mandrake
> > 7.2) that I am trying to mount is Reiser.  Any issues there that you
> (or
> > anyone, feel free to jump in) know of?
>
> This is a possibility since your server is running Reiser; the NFS
> crashing
> problem is a separate issue that occurs with ext2 though it's possible
> that they
> are fstype independent.

The problem with ReiserFS and NFS is from a quota POV. They are
conceptualy incompatible. And without any tricks it's impossible to get
ReiserFS + NFS + quota.
Anyway ReiserFS + NFS is more than a Stephen King nightmare !

my 20cents.

--
Fabien Lebaillif Delamare
#03-05 Lian Tong Building