Claudio,
I don't use RedHat, but now I have MDK 8 installed in both, my big box linux
and my Toshiba laptop; I don't have SCSI neither NVdia (I think the
commercial distribution includes the NVdia drivers, but if not, it is easy to
download them from Time page); on the other hand:

Scanner: detected but not working, just create in my case mknod
usbscanner0.... and works fine (Epson 1200 Perfection USB)
Network: cable modem installed fine.
Network: ip mask well done, my laptop is conected to the big box (Pentium
III) and I have both computers using the cable módem and the internet
conexion ¡great! and easy.
DVD: working well; just there seems kernel 2.4.3. has a problem to xv, but I
can watch dvd movies, using it as cdrom and so on. You could try with a xine
rpm, the problems to compile could be because you need some libs or compiler
packages.

The Mandrake control center and rpm manager working great, I was afraid
because in the betas they didn't :-)

Perhaps you need some help to install some of your hardware, I am sure the
mandrake team will be very glad to help you and improve with this experience
the distribution.

Have a nice day

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)