I too have been having problems with the new Mandrake.
 When I do a clean install it hangs during boot at
finding module dependencies, once I do a ctrl+c it
resumes boot, once booted I look in the /boot
directory only to find nothing, absolutely nothing.
Something is not right.  Red Hat 7.1 works fine
though, imagine that?  I am not even runnning any
funky hardware except a USB print and scanner.

=====
Jon K. Miller