Look at /lib/moules/2...........mdk
if there is a modules.dep
If not try first to reinstall a precompiled kernel
and look again.
Check also your /etc/lilo.conf if it is updated with this new installed
kernel. If not add them and do a lilo -v.
I suppose it's not your first kernel you install ?
Eric MC

--
        Then there's the story of the man who avoided reality for 70 years
with drugs, sex, alcohol, fantasy, TV, movies, records, a hobby, lots of