Hello,

        Still no idea how to get a PCMCIA controlled IDE-ATAPI  CD-RW to work.  At
this point it won't even read.  It was configured by the install program,
which probably enabled PCMCIA and recognised the drive before it did the
config.

        The boot parameters passed to the kernel from GRUB includes hde=ide-scsi,
and there is a link from /dev/scd0 to /dev/cdrom2.  Running cdrecord with
-scanbus does not see any scsi devices.

        OK, I figure if I replace the link from /dev/scd0 to /dev/cdrom2  with one
from /dev/hde to /dev/cdrom2, i'll be able to read from it again... however,
it WOULD be nice to not have to run windows to BURN CD's.

        Any ideas?

        Vinny