vincent> Hello,
vincent> Can anyone think of a reason why one would only be able to look at some web
vincent> sites and not others ?  I'm at work, with my linux laptop on the office
vincent> network.  If I go to one of the windows machines and put in the URL i want,
vincent> it comes up fine, yet konqueror AND netscape come up with messages that they
vincent> can't connect to the website.  If I go into webmin, and use dig, it finds 'em
vincent> just fine.  If I use ping, I can ping 'em just fine.

Hi

Easy solution:
     echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
     (you can put it in /etc/sysctl.conf)
You can also update to 24/25mdk kernel.

The problem is ECN, a new standard to improve cogestion detection in
networks.  I enabled ECN for error.  It is disabled again.  In cooker
we will have ECN compiled in the kernel, but disabled by default in
sysctl.conf, each user can configure it if they want.

As other people told in the thread, the problem is that the other
sites are bad configured, but I suppose that this don't help you :(

Sorry for the inconveniences, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy