Sebastian Dransfeld wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Blue Lizard wrote:
>
>>Sebastian Dransfeld wrote:

>>BTW me too.
>>

>Does anyone know after which upgrade this problem occured? The first
>gdm-2.2.2.1 worked fine, and the later upgrades are minor. Could X be the
>problem?
>
>seb

I wonder if you are in EST...
As I recall someone said something about rebuilding against latest
xfree.  couldnt hurt, but i wonder that if that is the problem, yet gdm
still STARTS correctly.  Just cant authenticate or start xsession or
whatever.  Anyone checked out the user and privileges of gdm...wait,
scratch that, got an idea.  be back soon to tell if anything new.