--- Alexander Werth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am 14 Jun 2001 21:56:55 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Dransfeld:
> >
> > Is someone else having problems with gdm? When I log in gdm says it cannot
> > start X server.
>

> Problems, yes but different.
> When I had the option Browser=true selected gdm wouldn't start.

I have seen this too; it took me a while to troubleshoot this one.

> Also right now when X crashes or I exit X, gdm leaves the main loop
> (with some GTK errors) and stops its second task. So I have to login as
> root to kill this last gdm task.
> I'm using a matrox G200 card.

I don't know if it is the same as this, but whe I log in with any display
manager (xdm,gdm,kdm), change resolutions (which works fine at this point), and
then log out and reset X by ctrl-alt-backspace or whatever, my VC's go to hell,
showing half of the last video frame, and the display manager starts the X
server in VC 8 intead of 7. Also if I login, and try to change resolutions or
use fullscreen mode, my session dies. This only happens when using a display
manager; when start my X and my session manualy it never happens.

I use a Voodoo3 2000 PCI.

=====