On Friday 06 July 2001 07:10, you wrote:

> Who speaks about "stable use" of cooker?

I think I have to make my intensions somewhat more clear:

I started this thread because I suspected that the Cooker-team had made a
decision - only to introduce the last kernel once a week.

Here is my argumentation for that not being a valid position.

For just 10 min ago I tried to launch KDE in a fresh downloaded Cooker and it
complained that the DCOPserver was not up and running. Thus we have bugs and
although this is about digital systems the logic to the solution is not
always a straight forward one. It is then possible that we have to look for
an answer in a wider perspective, meaning that the bug might be caused by an
'orchestrated co-operation' i.e. many interoperating causalities.

One possible solution to such a scenario is to use the latest patch on the
kernel.

To say that an old kernel has stabilized is to say that the unknown bug of
today is clearly not caused by any of those faults that are patched in the
latest kernel. If that is the case then I would very much like to see an
expose of that causality chain. Because then any tester that finds a bug and
its cause in an old kernel has done as likely a good job if the new kernel
was submitted or not.

regards
guran