Thomas Spuhler wrote:

> I fully agree with you. I have the same problem, and it seems either nobody
> is interested to solve this old problem or there is no solution. The problem
> seems to be the S3Virge (86C325)
> Tom

Agreed, that card has been a problem since I first started using
Mandrake. It's a Mandrake problem, I've tried at least 6 distros and
this is the only one with it, but I happen to prefer Mandrake to RH,
Suse, TurboLinux... even three different Debian distros including
pure Debian. It took up to 7.2 to fix it before, why let the same
problem come up again, and how many releases before it's fixed? I'm
tired of being unable to do a clean install and risking all my data on
an upgrade even. Not that I don't have everything on my cooker partition
backed up, but it is rather a pin repairing and restoring every time.
That is a very common card, but maybe I should get an nVidea instead..
if a PCI version exists.