On 10 Aug 2001, Yves Duret wrote:

> if you have srpms without any deCSS/divx/win32 dll, and rpms which works alone
> and a way to had deCSS/divx.. support by a simple plug-in or library to add,
> why not..
> where are there ?
> i take care of videolan for very personnal reasons..

I have never posted them for fear they are illegal. I can build RPMS with
NoSource tag... I still prefer that the user have to download the codecs.
Or maybe I just remove the BuildRequires. What is your preference?

I realize videolan may be a personal project for you, but this is good for
me too, if it bring about a Mandrake policy for libcss.

Again, I can't see *removing* libcss for many applications. However, a
NoSource RPM may be provided for it. Again it is up to you.

I was told that lame was illegal. And maybe the audio codecs to mplayer.
But this will being me one step closer to releasing these RPMS. If I can
find a clean way to remove these codecs I will, but I'm not sure that it
will be easy.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck