On 10 Aug 2001, Yves Duret wrote:

> policy is very simple : no deCSS code.
>
> > Again, I can't see *removing* libcss for many applications. However, a
> > NoSource RPM may be provided for it. Again it is up to you.
>
> any Mandrake Linux rpm must be rebuild-able from his srpm. so a nosource rpm
> is not a solution.
> But you can do rpm for your personnal use.

A NoSource RPM is rebuildable if you download the source :P But OK, I
think since RPM v4 supports conditional builds you can get the best of
both worlds.

> argh, lame is again in the distro ? you remove it some where, it comes back
> from an another package.. lame seems to be very confortable in the distro :-)
> yves

No, it's not. There's another package called lame, but that's not an mp3
encoder. but is this illegal or not? I don't know about videolan, but it
might use GSM which is supposedly illegal, too.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>