On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:26:44AM +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> So, could you try installing another environment (sawfish, for example)
> and see if you can duplicate you problem ?

When you say "sawfish" as an "environment" I am not sure what you mean.
I do run sawfish as my window manager with Gnome, but I suspect you
mean something else.

> Are you on a SMP system ?

Nope.

> Do you have esound running correctly on your computer ?

Yup.  Hear sound from it all the time.

> Have you tried with a new account to see if some old preferences are
> causing this problem ?

When I originally started this thread "Brand new cooker, multithreaded
gnome apps still hanging" I was on a completely new installation, from
fresh start.  I suspected as you do too, that there was some old cruft
lying around causing this problem.  That can't be the case as no cruft
was carried over from the old system.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell