François Pons wrote:

> Idem as above, /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg is compatible with older version too.

It's not mentioned in the help that 'with' is optional. And when I look
at /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg, it appears to need three things in order to
work. Ideally, you'd probably only want to have to specify one thing --
the URL to the FTP/HTTP/whatever site.

And sorry, I meant hdlist not depslist.

>>Thoughts?
>>

> We have to find a more correct way to organize data of urpmi, yes this can be
> nice. But before trying to break compability I tried to keep it while adding
> features but there could be some changes to do.
>
> François.

I agree, but new features should also be documented, or perhaps add a -C
--compat flag that will make urpmi act like an old version.

It's hard as a user, not being so well versed in perl, to keep track of
what's happening :)

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck