Hello,

1- I've received a message from Andreas Bombe, developer of libraw1394.
I wanted to know why the dev node /dev/raw1394 was not created while the
"make install" was executed. He said that creating dev node like this
was against Debian policy (about DEB packages). Instead, they must use
/dev/MAKEDEV in postinst. Is there such a policy constraint in Mandrake?

2a- If there is no problem about adding a dev node from a RPM, then my
revised libraw1394 is here : http://atlantid.org/rpms

2b- If there is a policy, then two dev nodes are missing.

Grégoire

PS : Ask me in the eventuality of a fix. I do not want to spam the list
with messages that will remain unanswered. :-(