I've got beta3 up and running (and infact I'm sending this mail message from
it), so please don't assume I'm a drooling idiot that needs advice.

During the installation (new install to replace the existing partition) I got
the following message when it tried to install the bootloader:

"Installation of bootloader failed.  The following error occurred:  TABLE may
not be specified near line 33 in file /etc/lilo.conf."

This may have something to do with the fact that this is yet another disk
with a Linux extended partition and a multi-fat extended partition.  Because
of that, I had to start the install using "linux readonly=1".  (The system
also has hw raid on the mobo, but I had already disabled that in the bios.)
After I told it to put the bootloader on /dev/hda5, I was able to proceed and
(after it failed to boot) went into rescue mode and fixed up lilo.conf.  Not
a big deal to me, but not particularly user friendly.

Other than that, I'd say this was about the easiest Mandrake install I've
ever had.  Even the X configuration worked reasonably well, which is
something of a first for me.

One other slight grumble:  Why is it that the IBM POWERDisplay is no longer
in the list of monitors??  I happen to have one and I'm used to seeing it
(although a generic setting is working well enough.)

-Jason