>>>#3) All requirements and the "why" of them should be documented for
>>>any serious development project. If you can't document why you
>>>included the requirement then it's not likely you know. And if you
>>>don't know, then don't put it in there. Adding deps just cause it
>>>"makes it work" is not software development, it's playing around.
>>>

>This is better point though. Stefan, if you have added one more line
>"configure requires /usr/bin/mcopidl" in the changelog then this
>kind of flamewar may not occur right now.

I could do that, no problem. But:
1/ It'll drain a lot of my time and create long (useless?) changelog
entries;
2/ When I modify the BuildRequires the resulting binary package is the
same as the previous one. (I'm so suprised people make a big fuss about it);

I'd rather get some clarity about what BuildRequires are and that
BuildRequires != Requires, ==> what the core of this flamewar is all about.

Stefan

>Of course, it doesn't mean one should document why 1+1=2, but for the
>less comprehensible things, it's still worthy to write a note about it.

Eventually you could write an entry (in sesamestreet language) about
every error you bumped into when fixing a package, it'll be lengthy and
useless... I also don't see other packagers do it either, i.e. quite
often I don't understand the changelog entries, but then again, I'm not
very bright :-)

Stefan